CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: PSE Graduate Student Research and Travel Grants (deadline is 1 April 2013)
The Program for Society and the Environment at the University of Maryland is inviting applications for graduate student research and travel grants. Students studying the relationship between society and the natural environment are encouraged to apply for funding, which can be used to support field research or the presentation of research papers at conferences. The proposed research or presentation must be related to the PSE’s mission to encourage research on the social side of the society-environment relationship. Grants up to $1,000 will be offered to Graduate Students who are currently enrolled in a University of Maryland Ph.D. program. Priority will be given to students who have not received this funding previously. We plan to inform applicants of their award status by May 1, 2013. Travel must be completed by April 1, 2014, by which time recipients are expected to submit a brief report of what they were able to accomplish with these funds. All funded projects are expected to be presented at the Workshop for Society and the Environment during the 2013-14 academic year.
Applicants are to submit the following materials by April 1, 2013:
1) A description of the research or travel to be undertaken and its contribution to the student's academic objectives (no more than two pages);
2) A short statement from the student's graduate advisor endorsing the proposed research and/or travel (an email message is sufficient);
3) A current curriculum vitae;
4) An itemized cost estimate for research support or travel costs (including food and lodging). Expenses must be reasonable, and efforts to ensure moderation in travel costs are encouraged. Costs may not exceed US Department of State reimbursement levels.
5) Applications should be sent electronically in PDF to Dana R. Fisher, Director, Program for Society and the Environment at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have questions, please contact Dana R. Fisher, Director, Program for Society and the Environment at email@example.com